@ the University of Chicago Luis began studying Chemistry
"...in a short time however he discovered that his
inate talents and his real passions were for Physics!"
Beginning with a fascination for optics and aviation...
- He studied optics and nourished applicational talents through interaction with Albert Michelson's laboratory staff
- He worked with Michelson's instruments
- He read every word Michelson had published in the University Physics Library
- He completed 12 Physics courses in five quarters
- He flew his first solo flight with just three hours of dual instruction
- He continued flying for the next 50 years
- He logged more than a thousand hours as a pilot
- He flew until he reached the age of 73